About Landing Pads
Landing Pads help market-ready startups take their business global.
Participants in the program will be immersed in an environment that will help them accelerate the design and development of their product or service business model.
This will enable startups to rapidly fine-tune their pitch, commercialise their offering, identify partners, customers and investors, and access global markets.
Austrade will provide the following assistance prior to departure
- Assistance identifying business goals while at the Landing Pad
- Insights on what success looks like in market
- Advice on the costs of operating in market
- Advice on how to maximise your time in market.
90 day residency at an established co-working space
Co-locate with some of the best startups in the world
- Free access to your own operational base in an established co-working space for up to 90 days
- Access all services and facilities on offer such as coaching; introductions to mentors, investors and customers; training; and networking events.
Support from Austrade
As an Australian Government agency, Austrade will draw upon the combined strength of 81 offices in 48 markets to help you go global. Landing Pad participants can tap into Austrade’s business and investor networks to meet potential customers (including multinationals), investors and strategic partners.
An Austrade Landing Pad Manager will provide you with one-on-one business development assistance, including:
- Guidance on identifying and targeting customers
- Advice on how to access angel investors, venture capital and other potential sources of investment
- Introductions to local government agencies offering support programs for new businesses and startups
- Advice on how to leverage networks in the market to meet with peers, decision makers and influencers
- Referrals to professional services and advisory firms
- Advice on how to negotiate the local business culture.
Tap into the global startup ecosystem
Within the Australian and international business communities, there is a strong network of people, companies and programs to assist Australian startups in their expansion into international markets.This network can help you connect with chambers of commerce and in-market business organisations so you can participate in tailored market-specific programs, build your networks and increase your market knowledge.
Assistance beyond the Landing Pad
Austrade will continue to work with your startup and help you determine the next steps. As a Landing Pad alumni you will be introduced to a network of service providers, corporates, programs and other government agencies that can provide assistance.